Monday, March 20, 2017

Scenes from the weekend

I'm sad the weekend is over, but only five more days of work and then I'm off for a week!

{friday} for the life of me, I can't remember what we did. Obviously nothing exciting!

{saturday} it was a beautiful morning out, so we took Harley and Amelia for a long walk. When we got back home, Amelia didn't want to go inside so we did multiple laps around our cul de sac on her trike. The rest of the morning was spent cleaning and doing some laundry. Amelia finally went down for her nap, so I had one too before Brian's friend and his girlfriend came to our house. They were in town visiting and were staying with us for the night. 




In the late afternoon, Alison and family came over and we ordered some pizza for dinner. It was a super casual meal, but still lots of fun as the kids played so well! Amelia and Ryder even shared a hug or two! :)




{sunday} Brian's friends left in the morning, and Amelia was asking to go for a walk, so we headed out with Harley. Brian stayed behind to change the oil in the car. We somehow managed to find lots of rocks on our walk, so when we got home, Amelia got to work on painting them and herself ;)


She ended up having a monster nap (3.5 hours!) so of course I had one too and then laid in bed reading. The rest of the day was spent making dinner, and getting ready for the week ahead.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. I love chill nights with friends, now that we all have kids those nights are better than going out etc! Yay for good naps! Chloe had a big one yesterday too thankfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Saturday night for sure! Thank you again! Painting rocks is one of my kids favorite activities too! That nap sounds amazing!! I wish my kids would do that or I could! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like she had tons of fun painting her rocks! I'm sure my little girl would love doing that! We had a pretty good weekend, went fast like every weekend does!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! I agree with Lindsey, chill nights with friends are the best. My weekend was consumed with moving once again, getting the last of the stuff we had at our old rental unit moved over to our new place and also starting to clean the rental unit. Hopefully will have everything done and off our plates by the end of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting rocks is such a great activity that I kinda forgot about, Will have to do that with the kids again soon! This past weekend was really the first one here that felt like springtime and I loved being able to spend more time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure read a lot this weekend!! Rock painting is fun. Good idea! Are you going to Ontario next week?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pizza night with Alison sounded awesome! That's great that you have kids that are similar ages!

    Our weekend was nice. Saturday was busy as I pretty much had 1.5 hours of downtime, but Sunday was quiet so that helped as I needed a quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I come to the pizza night next time?

    ;) ;)

    Holy nice nap, Amelia! It's a rare day Sully naps anymore. Which is okay I guess, as he plays independently pretty well. I always forget about painting rocks - I will have to try that. Sully is big into painting right now, and loves rocks, so he's probably love it! Does the water colour paints stay on the rocks well?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...