Monday, April 3, 2017

From the week and weekend

I kind of got lazy about blogging last week, so I wanted to pick up where I left off in my weekend recap

On Monday, I took Amelia to the day home, so my mom and I could go to IKEA. We were on the hunt for a bedframe for Amelia's big girl bed, and ended up getting this one along with sheets and some other stuff. After IKEA, we went to Chinook mall and then headed home. 

On Tuesday, we went to a parent and tot drop in play time at the community centre in my neighbourhood. They had a bunch of riding toys, balls and blocks that the kids could play with. A stop at the play ground there was a must as well!





Wednesday was a trip to the zoo with Alison + kids and Brie + kids.  The weather was pretty chilly that morning and the zoo was crazy busy thanks to it being March break, but we still had a great time. I think my mom aka Grandma was adopted by the kids after she bought popcorn. 










Thursday was my mom's last fully day here, and I have no idea what we did. Haha I blame it on my terrible memory! I'm sure the day involved walks, playing outside and painting. 

My mom's flight on Friday was just after lunch, so we took her to the airport in the late morning. We were both sad to see her go :( After dropping her off, we stopped at Wal-mart and then headed to Bowness park as Amelia had been asking all morning to go to the park. 




The rest of the day was spent taking Harley for a walk, Amelia napping and another trip to the park near our house. 

Saturday was the day that Brian aka dadda was finally coming home! Amelia and I spent the morning going on an adventure. We went to check out a new park and maybe for the cool mural wall there ;) After the park, we stopped at the library and then headed home. 



We had gone a walk after dinner and Brian got home while we were gone, so Amelia was so excited to come into the house and see him! It was so cute. 

Sunday was a crappy day out (snowing on and off throughout the day), and of course Amelia wanted to go for a walk while it was snowing. We all came home pretty wet, but ah well. She loved it. 


The rest of the day was spent hanging out, doing a workout and sorting through some of Amelia's old clothes to sell.

Tell me: how was your week?

8 comments :

  1. What a great week with your Mom. She's pretty awesome. Too bad it was a crappy weather day for Brian's day at home! Boo. I love that local artist. Is that one at a school in the NW? Edmonton Trail I think? I used to sub at that school all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe happy you guys had a great week with your Mom! I am also jealous of all the cool wall art you guys have haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week with your mom. She sounds like so much fun, I kind of want to adopt her too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia is so cute and looks like she's such a fun age right now!! Hope you had an awesome visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to that wall now! And all the cool walls in Calgary haha! Good to see you this week! And so nice to meet your mom :) I desperately need to sort through Sully's old clothes too (haven't done it once since he was born, it's all just in big plastic bins, ugh). You guys got waaaay more snow up north! We barely got any, but we went to Cross Iron yesterday and I couldn't believe how much more snow there was the closer we got to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice visit with your mom! So much park hopping!

    Love the bed frame you got for Amelia!

    We definitely got less snow in the south. Ours was melted by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom looks like such a fun and young grandma! I bet Amelia loved having her there. I'd adopt her as my grandma in exchange for some popcorn, too! :) Looks like you guys had a really fun week together!

    Last week was kind of a blur as I had a work trip to Chicago and then came home and went to book club that night so felt like I was really scattered last week. I go to Chicago again next week but am hoping that's my last work trip before the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had an awesome time at the zoo!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...