Monday, June 5, 2017

Scenes from the week + end

Happy Monday everyone! We had a great week last week and weekend. If you are wondering, yes I am still pregnant. 39 weeks and two days tomorrow. 

Let's rewind to last week:
  • Amelia went to the day home everyday except Thursday, so I was able to get lots done. Ie: grocery shopping, running around, cleaning the house, etc
  • Tuesday I had my doctors appointment and everything was still looking good. Bump update tomorrow.  
  • lots of naps were taken in the afternoon
  • the painter came and painted Amelia's big girl room, so we finally have the bed and everything set up. I'll finish decorating it after my mom leaves (she's going go to stay in there while she's here helping us)
  • got a much needed pedicure
  • Brian's rugby team had a game on Wednesday night, so I picked Amelia up and we went to watch part of it. She had fun chasing a rugby ball around and eating snacks more than watching, but that's okay :)
  • on Thursday, we had a play date with Alison (Delainey and Ryder) and Brie (Sully and Emmy) at our house. It was a nice day out, so we spent the time playing outside and having lunch outside. It was nice to be able to have a play date since we always missed out on them when I was working. Thanks again for coming!

On Saturday morning, Brian went for a bike ride with a friend, so Amelia and I hung out at home. The neighbours were outside, so we went to say hi and ended up hanging out in their backyard for a while. The kids had fun playing in the water again and Amelia was sad to go home (they had family coming over). I convinced her to leave by taking one of our daily trips to the park.


Eating snacks in the backyard
Wearing her "princess" dress before the park
Brian ended up getting home around noon, so we played outside for a bit more before Amelia went down for a nap. I'm going to be sad when summer is over and we can't be outside 24/7!



The rest of the day was spent hanging outside and we started watching Life in Pieces after Alison mentioned it. It's quite funny but wish some of the stories had better endings. 

On Sunday, we had a pretty slow start to the morning. Brian and I moved two dressers around and put stuff back in place before I headed out to the park with Amelia. She was pretty grumpy in the morning thanks to having to poop, but she finally had one and was way happier for the rest of the day. I apparently was tired from the park and moving a dresser because I ended up laying down in bed and falling asleep for well over an hour!

This picture of Amelia makes me laugh. For a girl who would only wear shoe boots forever, we finally got her to wear the purple shoes and now she wants to wear the princess dress all the time! It's the best outfit for sliding and playing outside of course ;)


Tell me: how was your week and weekend? 

6 comments :

  1. She looks so cute in her dress! And yay for wearing her purple shoes! :) Glad you've had some productive days! Thanks again for the play date. I guess for life in pieces, they are such short stories they can't get too into detail..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you - I thought that yesterday - I want summer all year - well at least 9 months of it ;) Love Amelia's princess dress! Glad she found some other shoes she likes.
    Is she potty trained? Avery would be grumpy after we trained her over the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw looks like such a great weekend. I was also outside A LOT this weekend. I love that about summer so much, but it also really tires a person out ha ha. I did NOT want to get up for work this weekend that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously wish summer could last forever here. It's so much nicer to be outside than trying to come up with activities inside. Amelia is so funny in her princess dress. I'm so amused by the things kids will and won't wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That princess dress is adorable! I can't believe how fast she's growing up. She's really looking like a little toddler these days. And I love that she loves snacks so much - who can blame her!

    Last week was great as we were still on our honeymoon and then I had Thur/Fri off when we got back to get our house back in order. I was BUSY during those days. I logged well over 10,000 steps even though I didn't work out! It felt good to get a bunch of things done, though, and re-stock our fridge. Our weekend was fun, too. We stayed in on Friday and grilled. Saturday I had brunch with a friend and we played cards with a couple in the evening and then on Sunday I went to a street festival with a friend while Phil and his mom went grad parties for 2 of his 2nd cousins (I was so glad when he gave me an out on going with them as they were gone for about 6 hours!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for having us over! I'm excited that you'll be able to have more frequent play dates so very soon! :) I started watching Life in Pieces too and am really enjoying it! Which endings are you referring to? I can't think of any off the top of my head that I didn't like...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...